- (2 lbs) Carne Asada
- (4 crushed) garlic cloves
- (1 juiced) lime
- (1 juiced) lemon
- (1 juiced) orange
- (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- (1/2 teaspoon) pepper
- (1 tablespoon) ground cumin
- (1-2 teaspoons) cayenne
- (4 Tablespoons) Olive Oil
- (1-2 Tablespoons) Carne Asada Seasoning -- Optional
- (12) tortillas
- (1/2 cup diced) cilantro
- (1/2 small diced) yellow onion
1. Defrost Carne Asada package in a bowl/sink of water for 45mins. While it's thawing, mix marinate in a bag or in a resealable container; garlic, lime, lemon, orange, s/p, ground cumin, cayenne, and olive oil.
2. Once thawed, gently fold the carne asada meat into prepared marinate, coating it on all side. You're going to marinate the meat for 2 hours; leave on the counter for first 30 mins. Rotate meat in the marinade, and then refrigerate the meat until ready to use.
3. Warm up a grill, or cast iron skillet, but keep the Heat Low. These steaks will cook up fast. If you enjoy a traditional kick to your carne asada, remove from marinate, and gently rub in a 1-2 Tablespooons (or more) of dried Carne Asada Seasoning. You want to do this step just before you grill, it'll only need a few minutes on the meat. Why? Well because we want the seasoning to compliment our savory grass-finished meat, not over power it.
4. Place steaks on the grill or into a pan, taking care not to over crowd; cook in batches, flipping occasionally, until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per batch; transfer to serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
5. Slice against the grain, rotate and dice. Warm up tortillas, I use a dry cast iron skillet. Place tortilla with diced meat, add cilantro and onion on top, I use a few radish and lime slices too. Enjoy!