- (1) Onion, diced
- (2 tsp.) Garlic, crushed
- (2) Carrot, diced
- (2) Celery Stalk, diced
- (2 tsp. each) Rosemary & Thyme, dried
- (2) Bay leaves
- (1/2 cup) Red Wine
- (2 Tablespoons) Tomato Paste
- (2) 14 oz. Can Crushed tomatoes
- (1 Cup) Lamb or Beef Stock
- (2 lbs) Lamb Shanks
- (7 ounces) Bacon
- (1 pound) Pasta or Spaghetti Squash
1. Season the lamb with salt & pepper.
2. In a fry pan over medium high heat, add the bacon and fry until crispy. Once crispy remove and put to the side.
3. Add the lamb and brown on all sides. Once browned put to the side.
4. In the same fry pan, add the red wine and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly whilst making sure you’re scraping the bottom of the pan.
5. In the slow cooker, add the lamb, bacon, red wine, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, rosemary, thyme, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, bay leaves and lastly the beef/lamb stock.
6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
7. Remove the lamb bone from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Once shredded return the lamb.
8. Season with salt & pepper.
9. Serve & Enjoy
Recipe Source: https://slowcookingperfected.com/slow-cooker-lamb-ragu/