- (1 Tablespoon) coconut oil
- (1) medium onion, thinly sliced
- (6) cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- (2) red chiles, thinly sliced, seeds removed if you don’t like to much kick, divided
- (1.5 lbs) Hole-In-One Ranch ground beef
- (1/2 cup) chicken or beef broth
- (3 cups) basil, divided
- (2 cups) carrots, julienned
- (1 Tablespoon) olive oil
- (4 Tablespoons) fresh lime juice, divided
- (2 Tablespoons) coconut aminos
- (1/2 Tablespoon) fish sauce
- (1/2 Tablespoon) Local Honey
- cauliflower rice or regular steamed rice
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt. Sauté onions until transparent. Add in garlic and 1/2 red peppers, sauté until fragrant (about 30 secs). Add in ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and break up meat with wooden spoon. Brown meat for about 8 minutes, allowing meat to crisp in some spots. Add broth and 2 cups of basil and stir for about 2 minutes until basil wilts.
While meat is cooking, add carrots, 1 tbs lime juice, rest of red chile, 1 cup of basil and olive oil to a bowl. Toss everything together.
In a small bowl, mix together coconut aminos, 3 tbs lime juice, fish sauce, and honey.
Top cauliflower with beef mixture, then carrot salad, and drizzle about 1 tbs of sauce mixture on top.
Originally Sourced: http://paleoly.com/thai-beef-basil-paleo-gluten-free-dairy-free/