- (1.5-3 lbs) Beef Short Ribs
- (1 teaspoon each) Salt and Pepper
- (1 Tablespoon) Olive Oil
- (1 cup) Beef Broth
- (4 medium) Carrots, sliced thick
- (8 ounces) Mushrooms, Oyster or any variety
- (1 small) Onion, sliced
- (1 Tablespoon) Thyme, fresh or dried
- (2 whole) Bay leaf
- (1 Tablespoon) Tomato paste
- (1 cup) Red wine
I love short ribs, its a warm and velvety dish. To prepare takes 10 mins in the morning, and slow cooks for 8 hours, while we go about ranch jobs, or off for a day of fun on the slopes! It's great on its own, or over polenta, pasta, or riced cauliflower. Enjoy!
- Set your slow cooker to saute, or heat a pan if you don't have a saute function, add olive oil to pan and brown short ribs in batches on all sides. Careful not to crowd the pan.
- Transfer short ribs to slow cooker, turn to normal or low and set for 6-8 hours.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker, and stir. When adding mushrooms, depending on the size of mushrooms you could slice or leave whole, I tend to give a rustic chop as I like to see the whole caps in the dish, if you're hiding them from your kids, chop well!
- Cover with the lid and go have some fun!
- Once you've cooked the short ribs for 6-8 hours, remove bay leaves, and take two forks and shred the meat off the bones, remove bones and serve.